Saturday, October 16, 2010

Saturday Morning

So it's Saturday morning. The ladies in my life are still asleep, and I'm bored.

Okay, I'm procrastinating.

Since the last post about our cat Chloe, she died. She was in obvious discomfort for the last night of her life, and when we describe what happened, people seem to think that she had a stroke, or a series of strokes. After waking up every hour or so in the night, crying out and I'd try to comfort her as best I could, she finally passed away around 7 AM. We were all up and got to say goodbye. It had been tough for the last few months, with her not eating well, but she was wonderful cat, and an addition to our family that is, and will be, greatly missed. I see her every once in a while out of the corner of my eye, and I feel sad and happy at the same time: sad because she's gone, but happy because I loved her and I'm glad she was a part of our life.

She was only nine, and I think we got ripped off - we should have had a few more years with her.

There is talk about another pet - a Yorkshire Terrier - and I'm fine with that. Diana is a dog person, and it's her turn. I like dogs just fine, but cats have always been my preference. We'll see in the next few months how that works out.

Otherwise, as I said, I'm procrastinating. I'm back on the CMA course stuff - in the Strategic Leadership Program (SLP) that lasts for around two years. It's all case work stuff (individual for the first year, group for the second), and I have an assignment due this Friday night at 11:55 PM. I've been reading the materials, and this weekend I'll start to writing it, but it's Saturday morning, and I don't feel like working on it right now.

I also don't have any computer games to distract me - which is good. I got Civilization 5 (Civ V) recently and have played through a game where the English Empire (me) took over the world by 1957, thus ending the game. And the game just didn't grab me. The Civ games never really have. A little bit maybe, but I've never found them to be particularly challenging, and after a few games, they just get repetitive. I know some people live, love and breath the game; I'm just not one of them.

Of course, Fallout: New Vegas comes out this week (I have pre-ordered it so I get some bonus stuff) and I'm alternately looking forward to/dreading that one - because I'll want to play it, but I have my CMA stuff to do.

I've also been turned off of computer games a bit, with my experience with Starcraft 2. While playing the game my graphics card burned out, and I had to get a new one. When I went to the forums (my first mistake - actually, my only mistake) and explained what happened, I got a) no support from Blizzard who made the game, and b) berated by other gamers who told me my computer must have been the problem (it wasn't). I've gone back to my general rule of not communicating with gamers online.

I'm also trying to work on a writing thing, and have a couple of weeks to get that done. It's self imposed, but I've started and want to push myself to finish it. I should probably be doing that now ...

Well, my daughter just got up and is now watching Saturday morning cartoons, and wants me to join her. I'll take my iPad (what an amazing machine!) and read some of my CMA stuff on it (reading pdf's on it is a beautiful thing), and we're off to the start of a great weekend.

Despite all the other stuff, life is great.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home